INTRODUCTION TO HACKATHON We did a mini introduction project for our future project. We read " The Absolutely True Diary Of A Part-Time Indian" by Sherman Alexie as a class, we were then put into mini groups that had to make an audio diary for one of the characters in the book. My group was assigned Mary, the main character's (Junior) sister, she never had any dialogue throughout the book, she only appears when she would send Junior letters or emails. And the purpose for the character audio diaries, was so that we can imagine how they felt during the book. I learned that the process of making a podcast for a character of a book was difficult because we don't know how they feel, we had to think about what they were thinking and how they would react to certain situations.
This is a link to my group's chapter by chapter brainstorm
We did a chapter by chapter brainstorm so that we can see what chapters Mary comes out in. Helping us chose what we want to put into our character sheet. The character sheet lists many things about our character, Mary, Like how she looks, what chapters she comes out in, and her personality. This lead us to writing our script. The process was difficult because we had to think about what Mary would say and how she would act. so we had to come up with how she would talk and her personality. I wrote scene's two and three. Scene two is about Mary writing an e-mail to Junior about her new husband and new home. scene three was her talking to herself at a celebrating party, which lead to her death. At first one of my group members wrote scene one but we had to change it because it didn't go with what we were originally planning to do.
This is our group's scrum board, it's divided up to what we need to work on, to still working on something, needs critique and when its finished. It was helpful so we can see what we were done with and what we should start working on.
This is a link to our final audio diary. We made this by using voice memos on our phones. we recorded in a quiet office because our character was mostly in quiet places, and we added sound effects for the parts that needed them.